【汤姆讲故事系列】《Just Going to the Dentist》

2023-05-10 14:56:27



《Just Going to the Dentist》

 


Mom took me to the dentist.

妈妈带我去看牙医。

She said I needed a checkup.

她说,我需要去检查。

I didn’t need a checkup.

“我不需要检查。

My teeth were just fine.

我的牙齿很健康。

But we went anyway.

但是我们还是去了。

At the dentist’s office we met the nurse.

在牙医的办公室,我们遇到了护士小姐。

She gave us a great big smile.

她给了我一个大大的微笑。

I think she was showing off her teeth.

我想,她只是想展示她美丽的牙齿而已。

The dentist wasn’t ready to see me,

牙医很忙,

so we sat in the waiting room.

所以我们要在候诊室等他。

Other kids were there, too.

还有别的小朋友也在那里。

One of the bigger kids had wires all over her teeth.

有一个大一点的小朋友牙齿上缠着金属线。

Mom said they were braces.

妈妈说那是牙套。

I thought they were neat.

我觉得他们很整洁。

I hoped I would get braces.

我也希望有个牙套。

We had to wait a long time

虽然我们要等很长时间,

 but there were toys to play with ...

但有玩具可以玩儿...

... and book to read.

... 还可以看书。

When it was my turn, the nurse came to get me.

轮到我玩儿的时候,护士把我叫走了。

I had to see the dentist all by myself.

我要自己看牙医。

But I didn’t mind—too much.

但是我不是很介意。

We went into a really weird room.

我们走进了一件非常奇怪的屋子,

It looked like a spaceship.

看起来像宇宙飞船的屋子。

I sat in a funny chair.

我坐在一把很奇怪的椅子上,

It was called a dentist chair.

一把叫做“牙医的椅子”上。

The nurse put a bib on me.

护士给我戴了一个围嘴。

Then the nurse said that she was going to clean my teeth.

护士说她要清洁我的牙齿。

It tickled a lot.

清洁牙齿太痒了。

She told me to spit in the sink.

她和我说可以把口水吐在水槽里。

No grown-up had ever asked me to spit before.

从来没有大人让我做过这件事。

That was cool!

太酷了!

Next she took pictures of my teeth.

护士给我的牙齿照了一张照片儿。

They were called X-rays.

那个叫做X光。

Just like Super Critter’s X-ray vision.

就像是超级毛人的透视眼。

Then the dentist came in.

牙医进来了。

He looked inside my mouth with a little mirror on a stick.

他拿着一支有小镜子的棍子,伸进我嘴里检查我的牙齿。

The pictures of my teeth were ready.

我牙齿的X光照片洗出来了。

So the dentist called in my mom

牙医把我妈妈请进来,

and we all looked at the pictures of my teeth.

我们大家一起看我牙齿的照片。

The dentist said I had one cavity

牙医说我牙上有个洞,

and that he could fix it right then.

他可以现在就能帮我补牙。

They put me back in the dentist chair.

他们让我坐回到那把“牙医的椅子”上。

The dentist told me he was going to give me something

牙医说,他会给我的牙齿上涂些东西,

so I wouldn’t feel anything.

这样我就不会感觉疼了。

I closed my eyes real tight and counted to ten.

我把眼睛紧紧地闭上,然后数到十。

Before I knew it, the dentist said it was all over.

医生告诉我牙补好了,

I hardly felt anything.

我什么都没感受到。

Yuck, then my mouth went numb.

啊,我的嘴木了。

It was weird. I couldn’t feel my tongue.

太奇怪了,我的舌头失去知觉了。

Then the dentist said he was going to drill a hole in my tooth

牙医说,他要在我的牙齿上打个洞,

and clean out my cavity.

清理一下我的蛀牙。

There was a lot of noise in my mouth.

我感觉嘴里有好多噪音呀。

But it didn't hurt.

但我不会觉得疼。

When the dentist finished, he sent me out to my mom.

牙医治疗结束后, 我被送到了我妈妈身旁。

The nurse gave me a treat for free.

护士给了我一个小礼物作为奖励。

You know, going to the dentist wasn’t so bad.

你知道吗,去看牙医也没什么可怕。

It just made me tired.

我就是觉得有点累。

汤姆之家

不只英语,更懂孩子

电话

029-68820858 / 13772098665(微信同步)

地址

西安高新科技七路国宾中央区西门

长按二维码即可微信报名







友情链接

Copyright © 2023 All Rights Reserved 版权所有 九江牙医推荐联盟